Care Cover collects, holds, uses and discloses Personal Information that you voluntarily provide when accessing and/or registering for a Care Cover Product Pack including Warranty (“Pack”). Care Cover may combine the information you provide voluntarily with other related Care Cover businesses or third parties.
- to process your order or request for a Pack and Warranty;
- to service any claims made pursuant to a Warranty;
- to provide you with Care instructions and advice for furniture;
- to process any order for goods and services purchased through the Care Cover website (“Website”), or direct from Care Cover, or from an agent or contractor of Care Cover;
- to contact you in response to a query or feedback received from you;
- to enable more efficient browsing of the Care Cover Website;
- to enable Care Cover to provide you with any promotional material including but not limited to marketing material;
- to enable Care Cover to adequately fulfil its obligations to you in respect of any Warranty and any claims made thereunder;
- to communicate with you about the Care Cover service, including but not limited to service notices, reminders and administrative messages, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you; and
- to send you direct marketing, electronic direct marketing, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Care Cover or general promotions for partner campaigns, goods and services. You may opt out of receiving these notifications and correspondence at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each communication, or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org ; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
WHAT CONSTITUTES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is any information (including but not limited to numerical, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, sound, or any other type of information concerning an individual) or opinion (whether fact or not) which either identifies you or from which your identity can reasonably be determined, including in conjunction with other information to which a third party has or is likely to have access to.
Care Cover does not collect private and sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) racial or ethnic origin, academic qualifications, political opinions, personal identification numbers, political views, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Care Cover will not collect or hold Personal Information about you without your consent and will only collect and store that Personal Information which you voluntarily provide to Care Cover.
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone numbers;
- your email address; and
- any particulars of the furniture products related to your use of the Pack and Warranty.
When you use the Care Cover service, our server may send small data files known as ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies to your device. We may also allow our business partners to use their cookies and other tracking technologies on the Care Cover Website. When you revisit or re-use the Care Cover service, the cookies allow the site to recognise your browser, making your experience on the Care Cover service more convenient and personal. The cookies may also store your preferences and other information that will allow us to tailor and simplify your experience when using the Care Cover service.
You have the option of changing your browser preferences to not allow cookies or even request your permission to send cookies. However, some Care Cover features may not function correctly without cookies enabled.
Your credit or debit card information and other relevant financial data may be collected if you purchase our products. We may also collect, hold, use and disclose some limited information, such as your postal code or mobile phone number. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number while transacting an order. The entire number credit card number will be transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Can you object to giving your personal informaiton?
Should you choose to use the Care Cover service and/or purchase a Pack, we will require your Personal Information so that we are able to provide the goods and services.
Can you access your Personal Information?
You may request access to your Personal Information at any time, and we will provide access to your information. In order to respond to your request, we may require the following information to be provided: (a) your name; (b) address; and (c) your email address.
This service is usually provided free of charge and we ask that the request be made in writing. Should the information you require be held in our archives, there may be a small administration fee charged to assist with meeting this cost. Prior to acting upon your request we will advise you of any fees which may be payable.
We will act on all such requests as soon as reasonably possible on receipt of the request.
Updating your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, up to date and complete, and to update information where we are advised of changes.
To ensure we can provide you with the best possible service, it is important to ensure your information is accurate, up to date and complete. Should there be any change to your Personal Information, we ask that you update us as soon as practicable. We will update your details upon receiving instructions from you to do so.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Care Cover will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information in its possession or under its control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Care Cover works with secure data networks protected by both industry-standard firewalls and passwords. We continuously implement and update security measures in order to safeguard your Personal Information. We also limit access to Personal Information to those Care Cover employees (and those employees of our affiliates) that we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide our products and services to you.
If a username and password is used to help to protect your account from unauthorised access, you must keep such login data confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. We recommend that you select a unique and strong password to prevent unauthorised access to your account. If you have used a shared device, you must ensure that you sign out.
Care Cover will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, however no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of storing electronic information can be 100% secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information at any time.
Any third party that processes data on behalf of Care Cover are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us, and shall, before commencing the processing of data, provide Care Cover with appropriate commitments and other adequate guarantees of the data security. However, you agree that we will not be held responsible for any events arising from unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
You may make a complaint if you believe that Care Cover has breached any of the Australian Privacy Laws by contacting Care Cover and Care Cover will investigate and resolve your complaint as soon as reasonably possible. If you are not satisfied with how Care Cover has handled your complaint you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephoning 1300 363 992 or emailing email@example.com
APPLICATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE